TABS

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

On Beauty

A Thing Of Beauty: U'Luvka Vodka. Don't Care What's Inside, Just Gimme That Bottle!




The thing you really have to love and respect about good design is it's democracy. Beautiful design is ubiquitous, it can be found in anything, anywhere.  The human yearn for beauty is not that different from the desire and lust for life affirmations that cannot be bought--think of freedom, love, inspiration, hope or joy. Fashion can be frivolous and scandalous (Um, Galliano anyone?) at moments, but I've spent a lot of time throughout my life wondering why and how fabric bits compounded in a certain stitch can bring me so much pleasure. I don't know. I also pull back from too much thought.  Honestly I don't want to confine the magic of beautiful design to a finite logarithm. I'd rather wallow at the bottom of a gorgeous bottle of something delicious--contemplating all the while the depths of life's beauty and our human capacity to appreciate it.

Marolo Grappa & Camomile. 
If This Bottle Is Not Sexy,
Not Sure What is the What. 
Speaking of beauty--the support and love so many of you have offered KoKOFIFI is truly a novel On Beauty (Love her essays). Thank you for your continued encouragement. In your honor, tonight, I toast a delicious, delectable bottle of South African Honey Sun (mead)--Iqhilika--It will be noted a sin if you die before tasting this.
And for those who haven't yet, visit the shop. We might just delight you with something Beautiful. Bellissimo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment